Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Monkey Off My Back

I haven't posted much about this particular goal because there really wasn't much to say. I wanted to be credit card debt free, and now I am! I can't tell you how good it feels to say that.

The stars seemed to align despite still not earning the same as I did in 2008 when my salary was cut due to the economic turmoil. No, I'm not happy that my salary hasn't been restored but I'm still glad that I have a job and that my salary is increasing gradually.

Anyway! I saved, managed my spending, and dumped most of my tax refund and bonus onto my balance and it went away! I've been using Mint.com for a while to keep track of my finances and it was great to see the $0 next to my credit debt. If you don't use Mint, you should! It's free and fantastic!

So, I was able to say I had no credit debt at all for a day or so. Well, that is until I used the card again for daily expenses. :) But that's the point! I'm going to use my trusty Discover card, earn a butt load of cash back, and pay it off every month. I think it's something I can stick with and I'm happy about that! Sure, there may be a few occasions where I need to break up the payments after large purchases but that can be managed. The most important thing is that I won't be carrying debt that is accruing interest. Pay it off as I go and it's interest free!

Check one goal off of my list for 2011! Yay!

No comments: