Wednesday, June 15, 2011

{Costa Rica 2011} - Countdown to Costa Rica!

Just over a month until I blow this joint for two weeks in Costa Rica! I'm excited! I've told a few people I'd do my best to keep a travelogue of my adventure so consider this my first entry.



As I write this, I have just over 35 days left before my trip! The handy counter above shows exactly how much longer I have to wait and my anticipation grows with every second that ticks down.

For the most part the trip is all planned out, nearly to the day, in terms of activities and day trips. There are some free days in there, too, of course. Now, all we have left is to actually book the hotels and charter plane for a few of the adventures and we'll be good to go! It's great having a "home base" in San Jose that doesn't cost us anything (Tony's Mom's house). We don't have to stress about cost of booking a hotel or whatever since we're saving so much on lodging overall.

After my issues with Continental Airlines last week on my return flight from Orlando I'm so very happy I have Delta for this trip. I've never had issues with Delta and I hope that trend continues!

I've created a Google Map to give a visual of all of the areas I want to be sure and visit while I'm there. If you go to the larger map you can see what those little icons represent. :)

View Costa Rica July 2011 in a larger map

I'll add more details and photos (of course) as I visit each of these places but here are a few highlights:
I'm planning on hitting both coasts of the country so that I can see two oceans! I mean, when you're in a country small enough to see both oceans in one trip you really should make the effort! Besides, on the Caribbean/Atlantic side the food is more interesting and that appeals to my foodie side in a big way!

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick preview of my trip! I'll do my best to post stuff during my trip as well. :)

Can't wait to be here...soaking in the sun (after dipping myself in SPF 400). :)
Pacific
Photo by Prezz

No comments: